T’s son, Chase, has a huge garden now, and he brought us an abundance of vegetables. This included delicious zucchini so yay! Here is an easy one skillet meal, healthy and delicious! We think you’ll love it!
One Pan Chicken Zucchini Dinner
3 to 4 pounds chicken breast (cubed into bite size pieces)
2 teaspoons taco seasoning
1 teaspoon cumin
1 diced red pepper
1 diced yellow pepper
1/2 to 3/4 cup diced onion
3 cloves minced garlic
2 cups diced zucchini
1 cup corn (frozen or fresh)
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
1/2 cup of fresh minced cilantro
Olive oil on hand
- Combined your cubed chicken with taco seasoning and cumin.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons oil in a pan, pot, or skillet, and add chicken. Brown for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then remove from pan. Note, we did pan, and will do a larger pot next time!
- Add another 2 tablespoons of oil, peppers, onion, and garlic. Saute for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in zucchini, beans, corn, and tomatoes, stir, and cook for about 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken back to the pan, stir, cover, and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top of the dish, recover, and cook until cheese melts, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle your cilantro over the top. Serve and enjoy!