We LOVE sliders of all types and cook different kinds throughout the year for family gatherings. Our kids inhale them almost as quickly as we do and they’re great to save for leftovers. We were excited to try this particular slider because we’ve never made it before and it’s now going in our book of favorites, all with our little added twist!
B’s Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
12 slider rolls (we use Sweet Hawaiian Rolls)
1 to 1 1/4 pounds of thinly sliced roast beef chopped
1 diced green pepper
1 diced Vidalia onion (use whatever kind of onion you prefer)
6 slices provolone cheese
6 slices mozzarella cheese
3 tablespoons mayo
1 tablespoon horseradish
3 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons minced onion
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice through center and separate tops and bottom of rolls trying to keep intact as best you can – but if you can’t, based on experience, it will be okay!
- Mix your mayo and horseradish together and spread a layer on the inside of both the top and bottom of bread sections. Set the top half of the sandwiches aside and go ahead and place bottom half of the sandwiches in a baking sheet.
- Add olive oil to a frying pan with your diced peppers and onions on medium heat. Stir well.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and continue to saute until tender.
- Remove peppers and onions from pan and set aside.
- Add roast beef to the frying pan, stir and cook for 3-5 minutes until meat is warm.
- Once roast beef is warm, layer it as evenly as you can across the bread that is in the baking pan.
- Top the roast beef with a layer of your sauteed peppers and onions.
- Put a layer of provolone cheese over top next, then a layer of mozzarella. It’s okay if the cheese overlaps – in fact, this cheese lover insists they overlap!
- Now place the layer that is the top of the sandwiches over the ones in the pan.
- Melt your butter in a small bowl and add the 2 tablespoons minced onion. Stir together.
- Pour butter and onion mixture over top of bread and brush to spread this deliciousness.
- Cover sandwiches with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cut and serve and watch the cheese ooze out the sides, ooh and aaaah!