This started out as one of those 5:30 a.m. thoughts with B trying to use up our apples and bananas that we were going to lose if we didn’t eat them. An hour later, ta da! An amazing treat that reminded me of grandma’s apple pie all in a bread. It is delicious!
B’s Apple Pie Bread
2 cups finely chopped apples (peeled)
2 ripe bananas mashed
1 cup pecans
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (for topping)
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 stick butter (room temperature)
3/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan.
- Spread pecans out on a baking sheet and place in oven for about 6-8 minutes to toast them. Chop finely.
- Mix flour, 2 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking powder in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, blend your sugar and butter, then add in your mashed bananas and mix well.
- Add in the dry mixture from step 2 and mix well.
- Fold in apples and half of your chopped pecans.
- Put in loaf pan.
- In a fresh bowl, create your topping by combining sugar, remaining cinnamon, and remaining pecans. Sprinkle over the loaf.
- Bake for 60 minutes.