Pork chops are a favorite in our house and there are so many delicious ways to cook them! This is one of our favorites. The gravy they cook in for hours just seeps into that pork and is so good! Note that we did this recipe with 8 pork chops so just adjust accordingly. Oh, go ahead and do at least four, have you some good ol’ leftovers!
Smothered Pork Chops
6-8 pork chops
3/4 cup of cooking sherry
1 chopped onion
1 minced garlic clove
2 cans of cream of chicken with mushroom soup
- Put a little grease in a frying pan and place in your pork chops. Cook until seared on both sides and are that pretty golden brown. Set aside or go ahead and place in the bottom of your crockpot.
- In your frying pan, add your onion and garlic. Saute until brown and onions are soft and starting to turn clear.
- Add your cooking sherry and soup to the onion and garlic and heat through, stirring often.
- Pour your mixture over your porkchops in the crockpot. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low all day long! We prefer low whenever possible.
- Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!