Strawberry Graham Cracker Cake
8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
3 cups heavy cream
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 tablespoons lemon zest
20 graham cracker sheets (4 to a sheet)
1 1/2 lbs of strawberries sliced into about 1/4 in thick slices
1/2 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- Beat your cream cheese by itself until it’s smooth. Add the powdered sugar and beat them together until smooth.
- Scrape all down from the sides into the bowl. Add ONE cup of heavy cream and beat on low until smooth again. Add the rest of your heavy cream and beat at medium or maybe a tad higher until you see soft peaks form. You can increase your speed as it starts to thicken up – it’ll be almost like a cool whip look.
- Once you reach that consistency, fold in your lemon zest and and vanilla.
- Spoon about 1/4 of your mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 9 pan or dish and spread it into an even thin layer.
- Top that layer with one layer of graham crackers and break them to fit if you have to.
- Spread about 1 to 1 1/2 cups of the mixture over top of the crackers smoothing into an even layer.
- Top the cream layer with a layer of your sliced strawberries.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 cup of almonds over that layer.
- Repeat the process one more time until you run out of mixture or overflow your dish! Graham crackers, creamy mixture, strawberries, almonds.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for about four hours minimum or overnight.