This is T and my Mama cooked a lot of pork chops when I was growing up. I loved them, fried, grilled, baked, I still love them all! It’s a shame her cooked cabbage didn’t grow on me quite like that, lol, sorry Mama.
This recipe serves two but could easily be doubled for a family or tripled for a big ol’ Sunday lunch! It’s a great go to for pork chops and we hope you’ll give it a try.
Parmesan Crusted Garlic Pork Chops
Two pork chops
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 cup of bread crumbs
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon of onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix your parmesan cheese, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, and a couple of shakes of salt and pepper. This will be your coating for those beautiful chops.
- In a separate bowl, break your eggs, and whisk.
- Dip your pork chops into the egg mixture until both sides are coated.
- Now dip your pork chops into the parmesan mixture unto both sides are coated well and set aside.
- Melt your butter in a cast iron skillet or your favorite frying pan. We’re kind of attached to our skillet!
- Place your pork chops in the skillet or pan and sear until a light golden brown on both sides.
- Once the pork chops have reached that glorious golden color on both sides, place your cast iron skillet directly into the oven! Or if you used a frying pan, transfer the chops to a pretty baking dish and place in oven.
- Bake the pork chops for approximately ten minutes. You want them to have that beautiful crust that just makes your mouth water!