The shrimp in this recipe are so full of flavor, topped with your own delicious slaw, and creamy spicy sauce – goodness gracious good! If you love shrimp, if you love tacos, you’re going to love this recipe! And just a note, this recipe definitely has a little heat, so feel free to lessen the sriracha and/or the quantity of jalapeno according to your taste.
Spicy Shrimp Tacos and Creamy Sriracha Sauce
Cilantro and Lime Slaw
Ingredients for Shrimp
24 medium shrimp (peel and devein)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon onion or garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Ingredients for Sauce
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- Ingredients for Slaw
2 cups shredded cabbage
1/4 cup red onion sliced thinly or diced
1/4 cup cilantro
1 jalapeno seeded
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons lime juice
Salt and pepper to taste
- Taco or Tortilla Shells of Your Choice
We used small tortilla shells.
Directions for Sauce (we’ll start with the easiest!)
- Combine ingredients for sauce and set aside. See what we mean!
- Directions for Slaw (well, this is easy too!)
- Combine all ingredients for the slaw and set aside.
- Directions for Shrimp
- Combine shrimp, a tablespoon of olive oil, and the spices in a medium bowl and combine well to coat the shrimp.
- Heat remaining oil in a large pan or skillet for a couple of minutes. Add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp is pink and cooked all the way through. This usually takes about 5 minutes.
- Heat your tortilla or taco shells any way you normally would – we place ours in a frying pan and brown just a tiny bit on both sides. Assemble your tacos with that shrimp, slaw, and sauce, squirt a little lime over the top, and ta da! The best shrimp tacos ever!