These little treats made with coconut flour and almond flour were different and yummy! And you can make them keto friendly by changing out the powdered sugar with confectioners Swerve or monkfruit (we’ve not used either so you keto guys will know!). Just a refreshing little treat!
Lemony Cheesecake Bars
Ingredients for Shortbread Crust
5 tablespoons salted butter
1 cup almond flour
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Ingredients for Cheesecake Layer
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 egg yolk
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Ingredients for Lemon Bar Layer
3 large eggs
1/3 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoon zest
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup coconut flour
Directions for All Three Parts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Grease an 8 x 8 pan or baking dish (we use Baker’s Joy!).
- Combine the crust ingredients together and press into the bottom of the pan. Bake 7 minutes until set and very lightly brown. It is important to COOL COMPLETELY before adding the next step.
- Combine your cheesecake layer ingredients in a blender. Blend until completely smooth.
- Spread the cheesecake layer evenly on the COOL crust.
- Blend together your lemon bar layer ingredients until smooth.
- Chill the lemon bar mixture for at least 10 minutes.
- Pour and spread over the top of the cheesecake layer.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until set and toothpick comes out clean.