I love, love, love using a skillet for anything and I didn’t even own one until B came into my life… there’s a reason for everything! Ha. But we also love strawberries, we love cobbler, so combining them into our skillet, well…. need I say more! SO, so, so good!
Skillet Strawberry Cobbler
1 stick salted butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup sugar (you’ll need these separately)
1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup whole milk
2 tablespoons cornstarch
6 cups or so of strawberries, topped and halved
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Add your stick of butter to a 10 inch skillet and place in oven for about 5 minutes. Every minute or so, take out skillet, and swirl the butter around until completely melted. Remove and set aside.
- Whisk together 1 cup of sugar, your flour, and your milk in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup of sugar and your cornstarch.
- Add the strawberries and lemon juice to the sugar and cornstarch mixture, stirring to combine. I actually used my hands to really get them coated.
Add your lemon juice and combine a bit more.
- Pour the sugar/flour/milk batter into the melted butter in the skillet; do not stir.
- Spoon the strawberry mixture evenly over the batter. Do not stir. Pour any remaining batter and juices in the bowls over the top.
- Place the skillet on a baking sheet and bake on the middle oven rack about 60 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Let cool on a wire rack at least 15 minutes before serving. B wants ice cream with his but T likes it just the way it is out of the oven!