Tracey has never been a big fish fan but she loved this recipe! And in our efforts to find more healthy meal options, B had discovered a recipe he liked for sea bass. Because Tracey didn’t care a lot for fish, he decided cod was a safer option to try out of this first gate, and trust us, if she and we didn’t like it, we would not be sharing it!
Pan Seared Cod & Veggies
1 to 1 1/2 pounds of cod (or the fish you love!)
1 teaspoon salt
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 medium sweet onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup pitted olives, halved or chopped
1/2 lemon for juicing
Extra Virgin Olive Oil – have handy for your pans
1/2 tablespoon ground coriander
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Sweet Spanish paprika
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Create your spice mixture first by combining your coriander, garlic powder, paprika, cumin and black pepper (1/2 tsp) in a bowl. Set aside.
- Set out fish on a plate by itself and sprinkle salt on both sides.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan and put in all your veggies (no fish or spice mixture).
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of your spice mixture over the vegetables and stir. Sautee on medium heat approximately 4 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- While the veggies are cooking, place a little olive oil in a separate pan, heat until it’s shining.
- Use your remaining spice mixture to coat both sides of your fish.
- Once the oil is heated, place fish in the pan. Sear on both sides for approximately three to four minutes each or until flakey (depending on the thickness of your fish). Seared just sounds good, right?
- Plate your fish once it’s done, cover and surround with the colorful sautéed vegetables, and enjoy!