We cannot say enough about this super easy and delicious souvlaki. We marinated it all day, baked it, and used it on a beautiful dinner salad, and today, we’re using more for pitas. Gahhhh, you’re going to love it! You can prepare it ahead of time, you can grill it on skewers, brown it more – we chose (this time!) to bake in our cast iron skillet. Regardless, it’s low carb, gluten free, keto friendly, and just all around a great healthy meal that tastes amazing!
Greek Chicken Souvlaki
Ingredients for Marinade and Chicken
1 lb. boneless, skinless, chicken, cut into in bite size pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
4 large garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons Greek seasoning (see below)
1 large lemon, juiced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Greek Seasoning – make your own!
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons oregano
2 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon dried onion
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Make your own Greek seasoning above or use your own. If making your own, you can store it in an airtight container for future use. Combine your Greek seasoning with all the other ingredients EXCEPT the chicken and mix well.
- Place chicken in a storage container/bowl and cover with marinade, stir around to make sure all the chicken is covered. Cover and place in fridge overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove chicken from marinade and place in skillet. Place in preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm on salads, on pita bread, add Tzatziki sauce for dipping, veggies as a side – it will not matter! This chicken is out of this world!
- You can also make your marinade in a Ziploc bag and shake well, add chicken, shake again to cover chicken, and store in fridge for marinade time period.