T rarely eats eggs with anything but cheese… and, of course, bacon. But for some reason lately, she’s gotten addicted to veggies with her eggs and B is a happy guy! This recipe is easy, smells so good, and is healthy – we’re trying, y’all! So here you go.
B’s Baked Omelet Recipe
3/4 cup to 1 cup of cubed ham (we use Smithfield’s)
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1/4 cup chopped red pepper
1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
4 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup chopped jalapenos
1/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray casserole dish – we used an 8 x 8 glass dish for this one.
- Sauté your vegetables in olive oil for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- While those are cooking, layer the ham in the bottom of your dish.
- Crack eggs in a bowl, add milk, and scramble together.
- Once veggies are ready, spread them in a layer over the ham.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the veggies as your next layer.
- Sprinkle jalapenos over the layer of cheese (if desired).
- Pour egg mixture over the entire dish and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until top is just starting to brown and sizzle:)