Y’all, we know we say this often, but dang…. WE LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this recipe – as in we could eat it daily. This was our first time using Cotija cheese (found at our neighborhood Food Lion) and we wonder where it has been all our lives. It crumbles like feta and has the best taste, we will definitely be using it again and again!
The best part about this little dish, besides being super EASY, is being able to serve it in single serving sizes for dinner, a cookout, appetizer, or side dish (although we may make a large bowl of it next time!). We served them in little plastic cups (as you see in the video) but we can see this served for cookouts in even ice cream type cups or for a dinner in cute little coffee mugs! These are 4-oz serving sizes and this recipe only makes four of those but double up, triple up, have leftovers, you’re going to love it! Let us know what you think!
Mexican Corn Cups
16 ounces frozen corn
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons sriracha or to taste
1/2 cup Cotija cheese crumbled (OMG!)
Cilantro (dash on each cup)
Chili Powder (dash on each cup)
1 lime cut into wedges
Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring one cup of water to a boil and add sugar. Return to boil and add corn. Cover and reduce heat, simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until corn is cooked through.
- Combine mayo, sour cream, sriracha in a medium bowl.
- Once corn is cooked, drain, and add to your mayo mixture. Combine well.
- Put corn into your serving cups about 3/4 full (this recipe makes four 4 oz servings).
- Top with a dash of cilantro, dash of chili powder, and sprinkle with that delicious Cotija! Add a lime wedge to each cup – people can squeeze it onto their corn or you can just make it look cute:)