These little cookies remind me almost of those really awesome wedding cookies without the powdered sugar! They’re super easy to make although I warn you: if you make them bite size, you’ll be popping them in your mouth like popcorn! We know we’ll have these little babies out for the next family gathering and maybe make them for the kids’ treat bags for the holidays!
Pecan Cookie Balls: 4 Ingredients!
1 stick softened butter (unsalted)
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
Big ol’ heaping cup of chopped pecans!
1/4 teaspoon salt
Optional: a little melting chocolate (we used Ghirardelli dark chocolate wafers, our favorite, they melt so easily!)
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Cream together your butter, flour, sugar really well. T didn’t have a hand mixer handy and did this by hand. Whatever works!
- Fold in pecans and salt. The mixture will be kind of crumbly but it’ll be sticky enough to roll into balls.
- Roll into little 1/2 inch balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Or let cool completely and add next step as an option.
- Melt your chocolate wafers according to instructions. We usually put them in a bowl in microwave for 20 seconds, stir, then in 15 second intervals until melted. Once done, drizzle over your pecan balls to add a little chocolatey goodness (and decor!) to your cookies. Enjoy!