I know I’ve overdone the strawberries but ’tis the season! We’ll move on from strawberries (maybe) next week but for now, I couldn’t not share these brownies I made this week. The batter was so thick, I didn’t think they would work, but I was so wrong! They’re rich and delicious and cake-ish with a little brownie to them, if that makes any sense at all, lol, but the bottom line is they’re absolutely wonderful and super easy to make – yay!
Ingredients for Brownies
1 box of strawberry cake mix
2 large eggs
1/3 cup of vegetable or canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ingredients for Strawberry Glaze
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons of strawberry preserves (we used homemade)
1 1/2 tablespoons of milk (preferably whole milk)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8×8 pan with Baker’s Joy or line with foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine your ingredients for the brownies. This batter will be very thick and dense but that’s okay. Pour and press into the bottom of your cake pan or dish and smooth out as best you can.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until just done and toothpick comes out clean. Ours took 19 minutes.
- Directions for Glaze:
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, strawberry preserves, and milk. Spread over the cooled strawberry brownies.
Serve and enjoy!
- I waited on the brownies to completely cool before putting on the glaze. My concern was it wasn’t a thick enough glaze but trust the process, it wound up being perfect!
- Also note, the more ‘red’ your preserves, the more pink your glaze will be, but it won’t matter as long as they’re strawberry preserves!