Chicken Burger & Roasted Garlic Mayo
Ingredients for Burger Patties
2 pounds of ground chicken
4 garlic cloves minced
1/2 red onion diced
2 jalapeno peppers seeded and diced
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese (or your favorite kind)
1/2 cup cilantro
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
6 slices of cheese (your favorite kind, we used pepper jack)
8 buns of your choice (we used brioche buns, so good!)
- Ingredients for Roasted Garlic Mayo
Head of garlic (yes, entire head!)
1/3 cup mayo (we use Duke’s of course!)
1 teaspoon olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Directions for Chicken Burgers
- In a mixing bowl, add your ground chicken, minced garlic, diced onion, diced jalapenos, salt, pepper, cheese, and cilantro. Combine really well so can form into 8 patties.
- Put a little vegetable oil in a frying pan (or on your grill) and heat to a med-low heat, add your patties.
- Cook your burgers until they are browned on both sides. They’ll smell so good!
- Add sliced cheese to the tops and cover so the cheese will melt. Only takes a minute or two!
- Place your buns inside down into your frying pan or on your grill to toast them if you’d like. Place burger on top and enjoy with your favorite toppings. Guacamole, lettuce, tomato, salsa… or just the way it is!
- Directions for Roasted Garlic Mayo
- Place entire head of garlic on a piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle your olive oil over it, wrap it up in the foil, and bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Remove from foil. Over a small bowl, squeeze the garlic head and the garlic will squeeze out into the bowl, very soft textured, almost like applesauce! Combine this with your mayo, add some salt and pepper, and ta da – you have roasted garlic mayo! We’re going to use this on a lot of things!