A pie with no crust? No way. I had found this recipe for coconut pie and I liked the ingredients but it didn’t have a crust. I thought I was missing it! LOL. So I researched and found several similar recipes, all with no crusts, and I thought I’d give it a try. B was so surprised about the crust too. Anyway, I kind of combined my favorite ingredients from the recipes I found, and this is what happened. A delicious, yes with no crust, pie, that’s like coconut custard! Simply wonderful warm and cool!
Crazy for Coconut Pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a blender, blend everything except the coconut. Blend for about 3 minutes.
- Grease or flour a pie pan or pie baking dish – I love using my Baker’s Joy! Pour your mixture into the pie pan or dish and let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top with coconut – go ahead, get happy with it!
- Bake 45 minutes, top should be golden brown.
- At this point, check to see if the pie is done enough for you – insert a knife or toothpick to see if it comes out clean. I want to note here that mine did not seem quite done enough at 45 minutes so I covered it with foil so as not to brown the top more and placed back in oven for another 15 minutes. It came out perfectly!
- Remove and let cool for a bit before serving or refrigerate and serve cold later. Either way is delicious! Pie will keep for 2-3 days in the fridge.