This dish just tastes healthy and good in so many ways! Veggies and chicken and seasonings, perfect by itself or over a bed of rice, even as a wrap! Give it a try and let us know what you think. Another favorite for us!
Salsa Fresca Chicken Bake
2 pounds chicken breast chopped into bite size pieces
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 cups diced tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup chopped jalapeño
1/4 cup chopped red pepper
1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
1/2 lime, juiced
1 cup shredded Mozzarella or 6 slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add your bite size chicken to a baking or casserole dish. Top with cumin, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes (optional). Combine well.
- In a separate bowl, combine tomato, onion, jalapeño, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Pour over chicken. Combine all well.
- Top the dish with cilantro and lime juice.
- Sprinkle with your mozzarella cheese or cover with slices.
- Bake at 400 for 25 to 30 minutes until cheese is melted and top is starting to brown. Enjoy!