When we cooked these pork chops, we thought about what side to have, but decided not to have one at all. And it was perfect! These pork chops are filled with good flavors and stuffing and one can be a meal itself. Not to say adding a delicious vegetable would hurt but you really don’t need it! Our minds are racing now about what all we can stuff these pork chops with at Thanksgiving and other meals, our kids will love them!
Apple Bacon Stuffed Pork Chops
4 pork chops
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (chopped)
4 slices bacon (chopped)
1 large shallot (chopped)
1 apple (cored and chopped)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
3/4 cup blue cheese (crumbled)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut a pocket in each pork chop by slicing in from the side.
- Season each pork chop with salt, pepper and rub them with the rosemary. Set aside.
- Fry the bacon in a skillet. Once cooked, drain the bacon, and pour it back into the pan with about a tablespoon of that bacon grease. Save the rest for later.
- Add in your shallot and apples and cook together until apple is softened.
- Add in your garlic and cook together for about a minute or so.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle in the blue cheese and combine.
- Spoon this mixture into each of your pork chop pockets stuffing them to deliciousness.
- Add remaining bacon grease back to skillet and then add in your pork chops. Cook pork chops on both sides, about 3 minutes or so each, until lightly browned.
- Place skillet of pork chops in oven for about 10 to 12 minutes until pork chops are cooked and glowing a beautiful brown.
- Serve and enjoy!