Guys, my favorite meal of the year is right here! I could eat this for a meal all by itself. I mean corn, cheese, bacon…. do you get it? We hope you love it as much as we do!
B’s Creamy Corn Casserole
3 slices bacon cooked and chopped
16 oz. bag frozen corn (fresh corn would be great too!)
4 oz. chopped smoked ham
1 cup whole milk
8 oz. cream cheese (preferably softened)
1 teaspoon garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
8 oz. creamy melt triple cheddar cheese (or your favorite!)
- Turn on your broiler and be sure to grab a broiler-safe baking dish.
- Set your cheese aside.
- Fry your chopped bacon to the crispiness you like, not too done.
- Add all other ingredients to the pan with the bacon (except the cheese). Mix well and simmer for about 8 minutes or until mixture is bubbling around the edges. NOTE: the mixture will appear liquidy but don’t worry!
- Remove from heat and add 1/2 of your cheese to the mixture. Stir well.
- Pour all into your broiler-safe casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Place in oven under the broiler for about 3 minutes, long enough to melt the cheese and lightly brown the top. Watch it because you know how quickly a broiler broils!