We are addicted to Tzatziki sauce and while this recipe doesn’t have any in it, it has the remnants of those flavors, and is so delicious! Crunchy with the freshness of the celery, peppers, and onion, the seasonings blended with that, are out of this world! We love it with crackers or as a sandwich and especially as a pita sandwich using Joseph’s pocket pitas.
Mediterranean Chicken Salad
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1.4 cup Duke’s Mayo
1 1/2 tablespoons dill
1 1/2 tablespoons parsley
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3/4 teaspoons onion powder
3/4 teaspoons pepper
3/4 teaspoons salt
2 cups cooked chicken chopped (we used rotisserie chicken from Food Lion)
1/3 cup diced celery
1/3 cup sliced red pepper
1/3 cup pitted black olives (or you can use green)
3 tablespoons chopped red onion
1/3 cup chopped cucumber*
1/3 cup feta cheese
- In a bowl, combine yogurt, mayo, dill, parsley, lemon juice, onion powder, pepper, and salt (all ingredients on the list above the chicken). Mix well.
- Add in your chicken and the rest of the ingredients. Combine well.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve later! Great stored in fridge for a couple of days.
- You can wait and add your cucumber later if you’re not going to serve right away. That will get less crunchy the longer they’re in the salad.
- You can use roasted red peppers instead of fresh red pepper but we love the color and crunch of the fresh red pepper.