We had some chicken thighs we wanted to use up (these were boneless but we usually have bone-in). B looked around, combined a few recipes he liked, forgot to put some stuff in, added some more stuff, and ta da – it was his own recipe! And it was amazing!! The carrots – y’all, I could just eat those with this sauce as a meal. I know I say it’s a new favorite every time but it’s true, and besides, we love sharing the good stuff!
B’s One Dish Asian Chicken & Veggie Meal
1 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 clove garlic minced
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup soy sauce
6 to 8 chicken thighs
1-2 pounds of red potatoes, halved or quartered
12 ounces of baby carrots
16 ounces of frozen green beans
1 teaspoon onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients on the list that are above the chicken thighs. This is to make your delicious sauce!
- Layer your carrots in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Layer your potatoes in the crockpot.
- Add green beans to crockpot.
- Layer your chicken on top of all the veggies.
- Pour sauce over the ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours depending on your crockpot. Our crockpot tends to cook faster than some so about 5 hours worked for us.