In our effort to eat a bit healthier (sometimes, lol), we were determined to find a healthy brownie recipe. Were we ever surprised when we read you could use olive oil and yogurt to make these – yes, olive oil and yogurt! Do they taste like Grandma’s brownies full of saturated fat that’s so darn good? Nope. They taste like a healthier version and they’re still so darn good!
Greek Chocolate Walnut Brownies
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
- In a bowl blend the olive oil and sugar well with a large spoon until smooth. Add vanilla and mix well.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl and add to the olive oil mixture and mix well.
- Add the yogurt and mix well.
- In another bowl blend the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Add to olive oil mixture and mix well.
- Incorporate the nuts and mix again.
- At this point, the instructions said to line a 9 x 9 pan with wax paper and pour mixture in the pan. Instead of that, I sprayed my pan with Baker’s Joy, poured in the mixture, and spread out smoothly, and they came out of the pan like a dream!
- Bake for 25 minutes.